1. Do not even bother to bring my laptop. Not only does it weigh 10 pounds, I usually never end up using it. My family had four laptops in the house. Plus I didn’t really log online much.
2. I really need to stop visiting the same spots whenever I return to a beloved city. Instead of Potbelly’s for lunch, I had Taylor’s deli. Yummy — but no match for Potbelly’s.
3. My visit was just way too short.
4. I love, love, love, DC. Do I really want to live there? If not, consider Philly.
5. If someone is sitting in yourseat assignment, don’t sweat. Simply move to the back of the plane and wait it out. You just may find a empty row available.
6. Rely on the kindness of strangers. Especially when I am too short to reach the overhead bins and there is a 10 pound laptop in my suitcase.
7. Instead of spending the last 2.5 hours in town shoe shopping, I should have used the time to head to the local passport office.
8. Pack extra hearing aid batteries.
9. It’s hard to find nutritious meals in the airport terminal.
Most importantly, there is NO place like home. I really thought I would have a thriving life in Phoenix. I love the sunshine but it’s lonely as hell here. Four years in the game and I’m ready to throw in the towel. In the next upcoming months I’m putting a game plan in place to prepare to move back East by Fall 2010.
– – Jonez