Our host gave us 4 Rules for our Jamaican Trip:
1. He’s always right. Always.
2. Its called Futball, not soccer.
3. If anyone holds up the group, they must wash the bus the next day.
4. Have Fun!
Jamaica in a nutshell:
* I didn’t sweat the humidity at all. It felt gooood! (I’m sick, I know)
* Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
* Mimosas at breakfast every morning except the morning I was hungover
* Speaking of hangover, so unprofessional & so not cool to get drunk on the 2nd to last day of my trip.
* That Jamaican Rum will sneak up on you. So good, so smooth, then… *sucker punch*
* “Brawta” – means just a lil bit more
* “Brawta, Brawta on the rum, please.” They take that ish literally
* Read E. Lynn Harris’ “Basketball Jones” on the plane. I liked this book the least of all his books.
* That was a long a$$ plane ride. Next long distance flight, imma pack some Benerdryl.
* All inclusive, beachfront resorts are the bomb. The bomb. How can I even vacation any other way?
* All inclusive minibar in your hotel room. The bomb.com
* Jamaica is for lovers. Saw at least 4 weddings while I was there
* Jamaican hospitality is the bomb.com. They really go out of their way for you. (Not because they’re paid to do so)
* Got caught in a nasty rain storm while visiting Couples Swept Away. Man, that rain was niiice.
* On my last day, I took my Bible & some postcards on the beach for some solitude. Opened up my Bible this morning and found sand in it.
* I ‘forgot’ to purchase stamps in Jamaica. Those of you who receive a postcard from me with an American stamp on it; just know the letters were composed on a beautiful Montego Beach
* Fulfilled 2 out of 4 New Year’s resolutions on this trip
* Caribbean water feels sooo good and sooo warm
* I’ve visited a total of 9 resorts while there
* My least favorite was Holiday Inn Sunspree, Sunset Beach Resort, <–They are not bad. Just swarming with kids and well… I'm a lifelong member of nobabies.com. So I wasn't feeling all warm & fuzzy at the idea of lil kiddos running in between my beach chair.
* Irie, Mon!
* I got jipped at the gift shop. Had I simply walked a few stores down to the Jamaican grocery store, I could have purchased my spices 50% cheaper.
* I came home with at least 12 mosquito bites all over my body. Including my big toe! *wtf* I know I said I was going to pack bug spray but I didn’t have any luck finding any in a 3oz size. So, I suffered.
* 553 pictures and movies taken in a 5 day vacation span
* Lavender Sea Salt Body Scrub Spa treatment at Breezes Negril was the bomb.com
* Having no access to my blackberry & limited internet connection sucked. Big time. I need wifi on the beach!
* That was a long a$$ flight coming home too
… That’s it