My mom arrived safely to London this morning. Here is a picture she captured during her stay. I missed the chance to Skype with her but her BFF reported that she “met” her flatmates. (Mom is couchsuring the entire vacation) Her flatmates cooked her a meal and drank wine together. I’m glad to hear she’s having a great time on her dream vacation already.
Follow her blog. She is supposed to be posting daily about her adventures. That’s how we will know she is alive and well.
* She is traveling alone
* She has been planning this trip since her birthday, January 5th. Maybe earlier
* She will be in Europe for 17 days and visiting up to 6 countries including Spain, Switzerland, Amsterdam, France and London
* To save on costs, I introduced her to couchsurfing. She has a couch in London and Switzerland so far. She has tried in vain to find a couch in Paris, where she plans to stay for 3 days. Parisians must really hate us Americans a lot because all of her requests have been denied or ignored. I’m not sure what she’ll do about that.
* Her budget for the trip is under $1k
* All she packed was a backpack and a fishing vest. Which contains several outfits, 2-3 pairs of shoes, and a small buffet of electronics.
* She has left backup copies of her passport and cc info with me “just in case”
* I’ve instructions not to bring her body back to the country should God forbid something happens. She wishes to be cremated. *rolls eyes*
* I don’t have to worry about the above bullet cuz she’s going TO BE FINE!!!